GERD is more than Heartburn
If you answer yes to two or more of the following questions, you may have GERD.
- Do you frequently have one or more of the following:
- an uncomfortable feeling behind the breastbone that seems to be moving upward from the stomach?
- a burning sensation in the back of your throat?
- a bitter acid taste in your mouth?
- Do you often experience these problems after meals?
- Do you experience heartburn or acid indigestion two or more times per week?
- Do you find that antacids only provide temporary relief from your symptoms?
- Are you taking prescription medication to treat heartburn, but still having symptoms?
Speak with your doctor or make an appointment with the Heartburn Center of California to find out if you are suffering from GERD and to learn about available treatment options.